Acceptable documentation include:
A current Illinois Driver/s License/State ID; OR,
• Any government-issued photo ID, such as a U.S. Passport, U.S. Military ID, or Matricula; AND
• Any of these following documents that are current* and include the same name and the updated and complete address:
- A current mortgage, lease, or property deed;
- A bill for any of the following utilities or services:
- Property tax;
- Water, gas, or electric;
- Landline phone (cell phone bill not accepted);
- Satellite or cable television; OR o USPS Change of Address Confirmation. *Documents no more than 6 months old and unexpired IDs are considered current.
If you previously received an Aldermanic Letter of Exception, please contact your Alderman's office for more information <Ward lookup link>.