Seniors 65+

Seniors 65+
Site section: 
City Stickers
City Clerk Content: 

Senior Discount Eligibility Requirements 

Per City Ordinance, residents that meet the requirements below are eligible to purchase one discounted City Sticker at $32.08 per year for a Passenger (P), Large Passenger (LP) or Motorbike (MB) and one discounted City Sticker at $135 per year for a Small Truck (ST). 

Requirements and Restrictions for Senior Discounts: 

  • Unexpired Illinois Driver’s License or State ID
  • Name on Driver’s License that matches name on vehicle registration; 
  • 65 years old or older by the Sticker Term Start. In the case of new vehicles/residents, Term Start is the first day of the month in which you purchased the vehicle or moved to the City of Chicago. In the case of renewals, Term Start is the day after your current City Sticker expires. 
  • One discount on Passenger (P) or Large Passenger (LP) vehicle (pickup trucks and large vans categorized as Motorbike (MB) do not qualify; check Courtesy Reminder for Vehicle Type); AND,  
  • One discount on a small truck (ST)  

If you believe you are eligible based on the requirements above, please email a copy of your unexpired Illinois Driver’s License or State ID and a copy of your vehicle registration to, or present your Illinois Driver’s License or State ID and vehicle documentation at a sales location. 

If you received a Courtesy Renewal Reminder that did not include the senior-discounted price, but you qualify per the eligibility requirements outlined above, and wish to purchase by mail please send the following items to our office: your Chicago City Vehicle Sticker Courtesy Reminder, for the amount listed on the courtesy reminder, and a copy of the front and back of your Illinois driver’s license. 

Residential Zone Parking may be added for an additional price ($25 per year; prorated for varying durations) if you reside in a Residential Parking Zone. 

To receive a senior discount on a new vehicle before the expiration date of your current senior-discounted City Sticker, you must present your Illinois Driver’s License or State ID, old City Sticker, and new vehicle registration at a City Clerk location and request a City Sticker Transfer.