Senior Discount Eligibility Requirements
Per City Ordinance, residents that meet the requirements below are eligible to purchase one discounted City Sticker at $31.00 per year.
Requirements and Restrictions for Senior Discounts:
- Unexpired Illinois Driver’s License
- Name on Driver’s License that matches name on vehicle registration;
- 65 years old or older by the Sticker Term Start. In the case of new vehicles/residents, Term Start is the first day of the month in which you purchased the vehicle or moved to the City of Chicago. In the case of renewals, Term Start is the day after your current City Sticker expires.
- One discount on Passenger (P) or Large Passenger (LP) vehicle (pickup trucks and large vans categorized as Small Truck (ST) do not qualify; check Courtesy Reminder for Vehicle Type); AND,
- No existing senior-discounted Sticker on a different vehicle
If you believe you are eligible based on the requirements above, please email a copy of your unexpired Illinois Driver’s License and a copy of your vehicle registration to firstname.lastname@example.org, or present your Illinois Driver’s License and vehicle documentation at a sales location.
If you received a Courtesy Renewal Reminder that did not include the senior-discounted price, but you qualify per the eligibility requirements outlined above, and wish to purchase by mail please send the following items to our office: your Chicago City Vehicle Sticker Courtesy Reminder, a $31.00 check (or $56.00 if also purchasing Residential Zone Parking), and a copy of the front and back of your Illinois driver’s license.
Residential Zone Parking may be added for an additional price ($25 per year; prorated for varying durations) if you reside in a Residential Parking Zone.
To receive a senior discount on a new vehicle before the expiration data of your current senior-discounted City Sticker, you must present your Illinois Driver’s License, old City Sticker, and new vehicle registration at a City Clerk location and request a City Sticker Transfer.